QuickBooks printing problems occur due to the missing or corrupted components within the QuickBooks desktop. You may end up with QuickBooks won’t print and Not able to print invoices or cheques on your QuickBooks desktop. As a user, you must understand and develop a deep understanding of the issue. Hence, let’s get in and start the guide so that you can resolve printing issues in QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Printing Issues
QuickBooks printing helps businesses to print docs and invoices. But, at times, users find issues and get any of the texts described below.
- The device is not ready
- QuickBooks Enterprise unable to print
- Getting text such as “QB could not save your form or reports as a .PDF”
- Not able to print Invoices or Cheques
- Print Problem in MAC
- QuickBooks PDF Converter Activation Error -20, -30, or -40
- Another text “The user is unable to print directly to the QuickBooks PDF Converter”
- QuickBooks Printing problem checks
- Could not print to the printer
- Error 1801 or 1722 when installing the PDF converter
- QB could not save your form or reports as a .pdf
- PDF converter shows offline
- Error Message “QuickBooks freezes when you try to reconcile accounts”
- Unrecoverable Error
- QuickBooks Printing problem checks
- Unable to save as.pdf file
You can have any of these texts on the device signaling about the same issue. Although the main cause of the printing issues is missing files and folders, you can get the list by navigating into the pointers below.
All Possible Causes behind Printing Issues in QuickBooks
Well, there are lots of factors that bring QuickBooks printing issues. Some of them are mentioned below.
- PDF components are missing.
- Some communication issues occur and shape the issue.
- Presence of QuickBooks PDF converter activation error.
- The report or form is not saved as a damaged .pdf component.
- Syncing issues occur at the time of saving PDF.
- Missing XPS printer driver.
- Issues while establishing a connection with the QuickBooks desktop.
- Null QuickBooks command.
- Damaged components can take the shape of this issue.
- QuickBooks fails while communicating with the QB file.
- Issues at the time of connecting to the Microsoft XPS document.
- Occurrence of an unrecoverable error on your desktop.
- Error 15064 06798 appears on the screen.
The user needs to troubleshoot each of these causes to resolve printing issues in QuickBooks. Different causes shape different errors like QuickBooks error 3371 code 1118.
Symptoms to Detect QuickBooks Printing Issues
The symptoms will occur as a consequence of the error. You may end up with lots of issues outlined below that are defined as symptoms.
- Sudden crash of your Windows Operating system.
- Slow response to the inputs provided to mouse and keyboards.
- QuickBooks desktop is not working properly.
- A sudden crash within the QuickBooks desktop and Windows OS.
Consideration Points to remember before Troubleshooting.
Here are the consideration points that the user needs to take care of before conducting the solutions.
- Make sure that you have installed the right printer driver.
- Also, there should not be any connectivity issues between the printer and the system.
- Examine if you can print on other software or not.
- Your system must have the newest QuickBooks version.
- Must install the printer software on your QuickBooks software.
- Verify whether the printer is on network or local. Make sure to examine the network configuration on a network and try to establish the connection if it is local.
Best Ways to Resolve Printing Issues in QuickBooks
Top ways that you can conduct on your own to fix this issue. Move with this section to know each of them.
Solution 1: Rename Printing File
- First of all, head towards the .qbp file.
- Then, perform a right-click there.
- Once done, add old as an extension and rename the file.
- It should go like QBPrint.qbp.old.
- Afterward, you need to access the QB desktop.
- Hover your mouse towards the File menu.
- Consequently, choose Printer Setup.
- Go through the Form Name list.
- Thereafter, try to create a new file QBprint.qbp.
- Don’t forget to hit OK.
- In the end, just access your QuickBooks and try to print the documents.
Solution 2: Use the Right Printer
- Initially, 0pen your QuickBooks software and head towards the File button.
- Now, choose the Printer Setup button.
- Make sure to click on the printer that you want to use for printing.
- The printer model should be matched with the printer you use.
- If this is not the case then make sure to correct the setup.
- Additionally, head towards the Help menu.
- After that, use another printer for proceeding with the printer setup. You can take assistance from below.
- Go to the File menu.
- Subsequently, choose the Printer Setup.
- Pick another option titled form to be printed.
- Then, choose a different printer. Alternatively, pick a Microsoft XP writer
- You can get detailed information on the rest of the part from the Help menu.
- If you are using memorized reports or customized forms then try to print another form.
- Then, use a single form if you try to print a bundle of forms.
- After successful prints, use resolve data damage on the company file.
- It will resolve the data damage within the company file.
- Likewise, carry on and select selective startup mode.
- If the same issue occurs then use the clean install tool for reinstalling QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks desktop.
- Then, try to download the QB tool hub file.
- Make sure to locate the file on the folder on your desktop.
- Just launch this file QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Go through the on-screen guidelines to choose agree to the terms and conditions.
- After the successful installation, just launch this file.
- Furthermore, navigate towards the Program Problems button.
- Thereafter, select QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair button.
- The tool will take some time to run on the device.
- Consequently, try to print, same, or email as a PDF.
- Now, it is required to run the QuickBooks PDF Repair tool.
- Then, save QBPrint.qbp on the system having issues.
- Once done, just rename the file.
- You can find the file on C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2XXX for Windows 8, 7, 8.1, or 10.
- Remove mark from Hidden files and folders if you cannot find the file.
- Additionally, perform a right-click on QBPrint.qbp for renaming it.
- Then, access the QuickBooks desktop now.
- Open your company file to see qbprint.qbp.
- Expand the faulted transaction that resists you to create PDF in the software.
- Finally, just print from the file and check where the real issue exists.
Solution 4: Delete or Rename the File
- Firstly, try to find out these two files qbprint and wpr.
- Once done, add old as an extension like wpr.old and qbprint.old
- After that, run QuickBooks.
- Access the Company file now.
- Thereafter, choose your File.
- Don’t forget to click on the Printer Setup button.
- Get into the form name and select the transaction.
- Afterward, hit the OK button.
- The printer settings will be configured and resolve the problem.
Also Read : Quickbooks Error 15215 Server Not Responding
Solution 5: Print W-2 Forms in QuickBooks Online
Now, let’s get into and learn how to print W2 in QuickBooks Online from the steps below.
- Navigate towards the Taxes column.
- Meanwhile, choose the Payroll tax button.
- Once done, click on the Annual forms.
- Thereafter, you need to tap all employees or a particular one.
- Proceed further with choosing W-2, copies B, C & 2.
- Subsequently, go through the period menu and select the accurate date.
- Access the printable forms.
- Hit the View option and choose the Printer icon.
So, this is how you can conduct printing W2 from QuickBooks. Make sure to examine the result after that.
Solution 6: Print Checks in QuickBooks Online
If you don’t know the procedure of how to print checks in QuickBooks Online. Then, navigate below and learn the steps.
- Go to the drop-down menu of QuickBooks.
- Thereafter, choose the Write Checks.
- Meanwhile, QuickBooks tends to select all the checks by default so if you want to choose the specific one then remove marks from the selected.
- Navigate towards the check number box and specify a check number.
- Hit the OK button now.
- Move the cursor towards the QuickBooks file menu.
- Consequently, choose Print Forms.
- Now, click on the Radio icon and select any of the check style Standard, Voucher, and Wallet.
- Tap on the bank account that you want to use for payment.
- Then, go through the drop-down menu and choose your printer model and types such as Single sheets and Multiple sheets.
- With the help of guidelines, try to load the blank checks.
- Meanwhile, choose the Print button from the QuickBooks Banking menu.
- Finally, just check out the QuickBooks online print checks.
Solution 7: Reset the Temp Folder Permissions
- Hit Windows + R buttons on the keyboard.
- Now, access the Run window.
- Thereafter, make sure to enter %TEMP%.
- Consequently, perform a right-click and hit the Properties button.
- You need to select the Security button.
- Mark the usernames and groups option.
- After configuring the permissions, try to set the Full Control.
Solution 8: Print a Test Page
- Switch off and on your printer.
- Make sure that you loaded the printer tray with papers.
- Consequently, hit the Windows Start button.
- Choose the Control Panel button now.
- Then, perform a double click on the Printers and Faxes tab.
- If the printer’s status is offline then right-click and choose Use Printer Online.
- Launch the printer.
- If you have any other print jobs then ensure to choose Cancel All Documents files.
- Close the window.
- Consequently, select the Properties option by right-clicking.
- Head towards the Print Test Page tab.
- When the procedure successfully ends, use a word-pad for printout.
- For this, you need to follow some more steps:
- Thereafter, hit the Start button.
- Subsequently, choose Run.
- Make sure to provide the Wordpad.
- Choose OK.
- Provide a text on the Wordpad.
- Consequently, hit the File and Print button.
- Select the correct printer.
- Next, tap Print.
- The printer should not bring any error light.
- If it is, then mention any of these three options:
- Or won’t print the test page
- The printer displays the error signal
- It doesn’t from Wordpad
Check Out : Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Script Error
Solution 9: Examine Printer
- Firstly, hit the Start button.
- Then, choose the Notepad button.
- Write anything there.
- Moreover, click on the File button.
- Thereafter, hit Print.
- Make sure to opt for the right printer.
- After that, hit the Print button.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What are the System requirements to fix QuickBooks printing issues?
The user needs to fulfill the system requirements given below:
- RAM- 512 MB
- Operating System- Windows Vista, Windows 8, Windows XP, and Windows 7
- Browser- Internet Explorer 6.0
- Processor- 2.0 GHz
- Internet Connection
2. Can I change the Printer Settings to resolve printing issues in QuickBooks?
Yes, you can try out this method to change the printer settings to resolve printing issues in QuickBooks.
- Hit the Start button.
- Thereafter, choose the Control Panel.
- Now, you need to click on the Settings button.
- Make sure to tap the Printers and Faxes button.
- Likewise, go through the drop-down menu and perform a right-click on your printer.
- Make sure to select Set as Default Printer.
- Finally, shut down the faxes and printer window.
3. Why cannot I print a PDF even after resolving printing issues in QuickBooks?
- You need to first select your printer.
- Now, head towards the Properties button.
- Once done, choose Security.
- Next, head towards the Edit menu.
- Then, go to the Add button.
- Specify Local Service.
- Hit Enter.
- Then, provide full control to the Local service.
- Hit OK.
- Now, go through the troubleshooting steps of QuickBooks cannot create PDF and solve the issue.
4. What is W-2 in QuickBooks Software?
A W2 contains the statement of taxes and wages for every year. It will enable you to go through your expenditure.
5. How to resolve Printing issues in QuickBooks?
The top methods that you can try to fix these printing issues are
- Reset the temp folder permission
- Rename Printer File
- Use the right printer
- Print a test page
- Examine your printer