While working on QuickBooks no one likes encountering payroll issues such as QuickBooks error 15106. QuickBooks is specially created to aid users in managing the company finances with its tools and features. But some technical errors put users’ work at a halt and make them scratch their heads in confusion.
Talking about this nuisance issue, users see it majorly while updating the program. It generally covers your screen with loads of pop-ups messages making users stop their crucial work. The QuickBooks update error 15106 implies that there is a damaged update program and the payroll fails to update.
After this error, the payroll will not be updated and you will not get the latest features, tools, and bug fixes. These are super important for the software to function efficiently. If you delay in fixing this error then it could lead to more damage to your system as well as work.
Let’s go through more detailed facts about QuickBooks payroll update error 15106 and how it can be repaired permanently.
QuickBooks Update Error 15106: Reasons For Existence
The factors below lead to QuickBooks error 15106 and stop the software from properly functioning. They are as follows:
- Not having the Administrator credentials for login while updating the QuickBooks software.
- Some Pre-installed anti-virus or another program is blocking the update process. For example, Spy Sweeper.
- The user account settings can cause QuickBooks update support error 15106 if it is enabled.
- Some limitations to read or write the new file.
Ideal Solutions To Repair QuickBooks Error 15106
Even if this nagging error is a bit hard to handle, that does not mean it can’t be repaired. Simply go through this detailed troubleshooting post and permanently fix the issue. But before that, create a backup
Creating A Backup
- Open QuickBooks.
- Thereafter go to “File”.
- Choose “Switch to Single-user Mode”.
- Now, navigate to the option “File” again. Hover to “Back up Company”.
- Choose “Create Local Backup”.
- Select “Local Backup”. Then hit “Next”.
- In the section named “Local Backup”, choose “Browse” and pick the location to save the backup file.
- Decide the number of backups to keep.
- Whenever you’re ready, hit “OK”.
- Choose “Save” and hit “Next”.
Solution 1: Log in via Admin Credentials
Step 1: If you have Logged in to the System as a Different User
- Firstly, navigate to the QB desktop icon.
- Now, right-tap on the same.
- Choose the option reading- “Run as Administrator”.
- Write in the admin credentials.
- Thereafter, hit “OK”.
- This step will help you log in as an admin.
Step 2: Switching the Account to log in to the Admin Account
- Tap on “Start”.
- Then, hit the tab on “Switch User”.
- Provide the required admin credentials.
- At last, you will switch to the respective admin account.
Solution 2: Turn Off UAC
- Hold “Windows+R”, it will display a run window.
- Type-up “Control Panel”. Hit “Ok”.
- Choose “User Accounts”.
- Thereafter, hit “User Accounts” once again.
- Choose the tab “Change User Account”. Now, the display will show a prompt.
- Hit “Yes”.
- Now move the slider and click “Never Notify”. Hit “OK”.
- You can tap on “Always Notify” in case you need to turn on UAC.
- After that click “OK”.
- Finally, restart the system
Solution 3: Login the System via Selective Startup Mode
- Firstly, hold “Windows+R”, which will display a run window.
- Type-up “Msconfig”. Hit “Ok”.
- Navigate to the tab named “General” and choose “Selective Startup”.
- Now, click the option named “Load System Services”.
- Move the cursor to the tab “Services” followed by selecting “Hide All Microsoft Services”.
- Now, tick the box named “Hide all Microsoft Services”. Tap on the option “Disable All”.
- Also, check the checkbox windows installer in the services list.
- Finally, select Restart.
Solution 4: Uninstall the Antivirus and Provide The Folder A New Name
- Firstly get access to “Task Manager”.
- Find the option named “Processes”.
- Locate the anti-virus program. For example Spy Sweeper.exe
- Select “End Process”.
- In case, you are still receiving the issue during this action then uninstall the application.
- Then, rename the folder having QuickBooks update. The steps are:
- Press “Windows + E”.
- Find the downloaded folder.
- Right-tap on it.
- Therefore, choose “Rename”.
- Embed “.old” at the filename end.
- Moving on, follow a re-update once you rename the folder.
Solution 5: Repairing QuickBooks Installation
- Hold “Windows + R” and write-up “Appwiz.cpl”. Hit “Enter”.
- Inside the list of installed programs, go under the window “Uninstall or Change”. Tap twice on QuickBooks.
- Choose Change / Remove. Hit “Next”.
- Select “Repair” and hit “Next”.
- Click “Repair” to initiate the QuickBooks installation process for eradicating QuickBooks Error 15106.
- If you get a “File in Use” error, then choose “Ignore” and go with the process of repair.
- Once completing the repair, restart the PC and open QuickBooks.
- Select the option “Install Now” once you see the window “QuickBooks has recently downloaded an update”. This method also fixes QuickBooks Error 6000 77.
You can rectify QuickBooks error 15106 by following the above-written methods. The post contains the most advanced solutions to eradicate the troublesome error. Carry out the mentioned solutions in order and carefully to receive the desired outcome. We believe you have overcome the issue successfully.
However, if you are searching for additional guidance, then you are just a call away from the QuickBooks customer team. Just drop your query and leave the rest in the hands of experts.
Now is the time to conclude this post, feel free to write your opinions below.