QuickBooks Error 15241 is one of the most common that can be faced by any of the users out there. We at the Take action website have come with several solutions to tackle the issue. So, read till you resolve this error. Also, check out our other posts if you are going through any of the error issues in QuickBooks software. Now, let’s come back to the article and know a quick intro about the error.
How QuickBooks Error 15241 look like?
The error generally appears at the time of downloading or updating the payroll services. You can have various problems while tackling your work in a system like frequent error messages that state “Error 15241: The payroll update did not complete successfully.” Well, the major cause behind the error is damaging to Microsoft Windows Installer but there can be other reasons as well. You can directly jump to the next section to know each of them. So, now, let’s together move towards the causes.
The explanation behind QuickBooks Error 15241
Every user needs to read this section to know about various causes and factors that rise together to interrupt you in your working procedure. Below are some of the pointers that you need to read and understand.
- Corruption within the file that you once downloaded.
- If Windows registry files get corrupted and cannot be fixed properly then you can have the error issue.
- Some essential files associated with QuickBooks got deleted.
- You have not conducted a proper installation of QuickBooks.
- At times, the QuickBooks desktop file copy service becomes deleted. If this is the situation with you then you can have this error. As this service is really crucial for the function of payroll service.
- Trojan the most threatful malware can also lead to this issue in your system.
- When antivirus blocks the communication path of accessing the file then you can have this issue.
So, these are all the causes that bring this error into the system. You may wonder how you can remove these factors to get back the performance of your system. Well, don’t need to be worried here as the sections below will be based particularly on that. But, before that, you must know two essential things.
Detect the Issue with these pointers
Now, let’s consider and know the signs that will help you to detect the issues. This section will cover all the signs that are brought by the system to aware the user of the error. So, let’s consider them.
- When the system becomes unable to install the payroll update.
- The running window program crashes suddenly with the appearance of Error 15241.
- When you have notified the update related to QuickBooks Payroll.
- The mouse and keyboard run slowly and cannot function properly to accept the command.
If your system also brings any of the signs to you then you must try to conduct this troubleshooting provided below. But, first, you must learn the ways to establish a preference in QuickBooks desktop.
Make Preferences in QuickBooks Desktop with these steps
- Navigate to the Edit tab and tap on Preferences.
- Then, tap on Reports to select Graphs Located tab.
- After that, select My Preferences that can be presented as Company Preferences.
- Just go to the report option and modify it.
- Once done with that, make sure to examine prior to accessing any report.
- You will see a new screen named Modify Window whenever you make a report.
- Once done with that, try to refresh the settings.
- Then, confirm report preferences and set graph.
- You will be given two choices Automatic refresh and Ask me to refresh. Just select the one according to your preference.
It should be noted that if you are involved in the work related to reporting and graph in multiple access then there come hindrances. Also, if other users modify QuickBooks desktop data then it can refresh the report or graph.
You May Also Like: QuickBooks Update Error 15106: Ideal Solutions To Repair
Solving Steps for QuickBooks Error 15241
The user needs to conduct the solutions according to the windows installed on their system. You can move to the steps below to conduct the troubleshooting procedure.
Execute these steps if you have windows XP installed in your system.
- To initiate, shut QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to your desktop screen and then the My Computer tab.
- Right-click on the same to choose Manage.
- You will find the new screen named Computer Management.
- Move towards the Services and Applications tab to choose the Services option.
- Once done with that, you will see a new window with the name Service.
- Move your cursor down and launch the Intuit QuickBooks FSC service.
- It will open then, just select the General tab from there.
- Now, click on the Startup type and choose the Manual option from there.
- Hit OK.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop once again.
- After that, download updates related to the QuickBooks Desktop product.
- You need to update the Payroll tax tables.
- Navigate to the Employees tab and select Get Payroll Updates.
- Choose the tab named Download the entire payroll update.
- Click on the Update tab.
- You will be notified with a message when the download process is finished.
- Again hit the OK button to know about the modification that you have made.
Move on to the steps below if you use Windows 8, 7, Vista on your device.
- Close the QuickBooks desktop firstly.
- Navigate to the Windows Start button and perform a right-click on Computer.
- Once done, choose Manage.
- Tap on Services and thereafter choose Application.
- Again, hit Services but in the right pane.
- Navigate to Intuit QuickBooks FSC and double click on it to launch.
- Move towards the drop-down list of Startup types.
- Choose Manual now.
- Hit Apply.
- After that, click on the Start and hit OK.
- You need to access the QuickBooks desktop one more time.
- Make sure to download QuickBooks Desktop product updates.
- In the last, just update the latest payroll tax tables.
- In the first and foremost step, you need to tap on the Search button which is there on the taskbar.
- Now, just find the Computer tab.
- Perform a right-click on this PC and select the Manage option from there.
- Go to the Services and click on Applications.
- Choose Services again in the right pane.
- Move towards the Intuit QuickBooks FSC and tap double in it.
- Go to the Startup type drop-down option.
- In the startup window, choose Manual.
- Hit Apply.
- Click Start and Ok button.
- Try to access the QuickBooks desktop.
- Conduct the downloading procedure of QuickBooks Desktop product updates.
- In the end part, just update the latest payroll tax tables.
Well, these are all the steps that you can consider according to your preference to troubleshoot the issue. However, the error is not resolved then move towards the additional solution that is given below.
Another Solution: Set Automatic Updates
You can jump to these solutions to enable automatic updates. This will help you in various ways. Not only the setting saves your time from being consumed in such troubleshooting but also modified your system to detect the available updates. So, let’s get into the steps below.
- You need to first move to the Help menu to choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Move towards the Options tab.
- Hit Yes to enable the notifications related to automatic updates.
- Now, just tap Close.
So, these are all the relevant steps that you can conduct on your own to troubleshoot the QuickBooks payroll update error 15241. Yet the error is a critical one that can provide damages to your company file and data stored in it. But, with the solutions above, you can easily safeguard your system from being corrupted with any kind of technical malicious and glitches. We hope that the article has helped. You can bookmark the site to resolve many such Quickbooks errors as we always come with new updated solutions and tricks to tackle these nuisances. Moreover, don’t hesitate to dial a call to the Quickbooks enterprise support team whenever you feel needed. You not only ask their guidance to fix such issues but can also resolve many of your queries regarding the same. The team ensures to provide 100% satisfaction to its customer and is always ready to help tiny and middle-sized businesses like you. So, make sure to connect to them. You can also drop on the comment box which error you want us to cover next. We will come up with the same and help you in every way.