Do you also come across Quickbooks error 3371 while accessing or activating the Quickbooks desktop? If yes, then just follow this entire guide till you fix the error issue. Well, the issue is somewhat a bit critical to be fixed but not impossible. You can conduct any of the troubleshooting given below and get rid of this nuisance. Well, this post is entirely focussing on the error. So, if you are searching around the quickest ways to fix this issue then just stick there as we will be providing you the same.
But, not only this guide will enlighten you about the fixations but also the relevant causes and symptoms of the error. That means you don’t have to go through the internet to fetch this essential information about the error. So, now, just read this post and first learn about this error.
A Quick Glimpse of Quickbooks Error 3371
The error usually occurs with the message that states “Error 3371, Status Code 1118 Quickbooks could not load the license data.” The users who use the software for the first time face it the most. Well, the corruption within the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file is the real cause behind this error. That means if you have seen this error then it is all because of that corrupted file. The file is really essential in the functioning of the software as it stores the license properties. The text that comes with the error indicates that the software license is not valid. Thereafter, the user cannot access or open the Quickbooks desktop.
Many times, the user thinks that clicking on the OK tab under the error box can remove the error, but this proves to be one more headache and brings the next error that appears as Quickbooks fatal error. The primary solution to this issue is the reinstallation of Quickbooks software. However, you can try out many more discussed later in this post. The error is quite agitated as it denies the user access to the Quickbooks software. Also, provides a failure in syncing the license properties.
Well, this is all about this error issue. You can move towards the next section to know how this error makes its way into our system and corrupt the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file. So, let’s get into it.
How Quickbooks Error 3371 Code 11118 Appears Into the System
There are lots of reasons that bring this error into the system. But, the most suitable one is the damaging, missing, and corrupted license data. That means if somehow the user loses or damages the file then it can bring this issue. Moreover, Intuit has considered it necessary for all users to place the license on the hard drive. If you become unable to do that then again it leads to this issue.
Yes, this is the most relevant cause but there are lots of others which you can get from the list below.
- Using the C:/Drive to clones the data.
- If you encounter error code 80029x4a then it might bring another error 3371 code 11118 Quickbooks.
- Quickbooks desktop is performing badly.
- Facing several issues while emailing, saving, printing a PDF.
- Crash com error, one of the most common errors, can also bring this nuisance into your device.
- When the user updates Windows but in an inappropriate manner.
- Tries to update the software but leaves the procedure in between.
- When there displays the error text of Quickbooks Stopped Working.
- Some important components associated with Windows Operating Systems like MSXML become corrupted and damaged.
- If any important files get damaged then you cannot access the Quickbooks desktop.
- The loss of Qbregistration.dat file.
- Damaging of the installation file that contains the license data.
- The connection between you and your file becomes lost.
- Some antivirus programs provide lots of hindrances to the user who wants to access the company file. Remember that some antiviruses block the path of the normal access with the QuickBooks software, thus keep an eye on it while working with the QuickBooks Software, or such error is QuickBooks error 9999.
Well, these are all the relevant causes that make the error appear on your device. If you are facing the issue then your system is also dealing with the same causes. We will root out all of these causes but first, let’s move on and learn all the symptoms of this error.
You May Also Like: Top Solutions to Fix Quickbooks Update Error 15241 [A Payroll Update Error]
Signs to Identify the Quickbooks Error 3371 Status Code 1
Read all the pointers below and identify this issue on your computer. This will help you to detect and diagnose the error in a minimal time. Now, read below:
- When you try to do the cloning process from C:\drive to another new hard drive and suddenly the error occurs.
- Quickbooks software crashes when you access it.
- You receive a pop-up related to the mysterious file of HTML.
- There are several issues whenever you try to access the Quickbooks company file.
Move into the next section containing some important steps that need to be conducted before starting the troubleshooting process.
Important Points to Consider Before Troubleshooting
You need to verify various things before conducting the troubleshooting procedure. Here are the steps to do:
- Many times, the user commits the mistake of opening the QB file without entirely saving it. So, make sure to avoid it as it can bring lots of issues to Quickbooks Enterprise with WebConnect and Right Networks users.
- Rectify your corrupted windows OS as it can lead to this nuisance.
- Moreover, you need to examine that the windows are updated properly to the latest version available in the market.
These are all the steps that need to be conducted before starting the troubleshooting. Now, let’s jump into the troubleshooting part to remove this error from your device.
Fix Quickbooks Error 3371 with These Solutions
Just jump to this section and try out each of the steps for troubleshooting the issue. You can conduct any of the solutions but for better results, try to start from the first one and end when you will settle this issue. Now, let’s get started.
Solution 1: Clear the ECML file
The user needs to first clear the ECML file. In an attempt to do so, carry out each of the steps given below.
- Firstly, just access the Run window (Window + R ).
- When the window displays, put this command to the field C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- After that, try to look for Window Explorer.
- Go to the ECML file and right-click on it.
- Choose the Delete button.
- Now, shut the windows.
- In the last step, try to run Quickbooks software.
- Make sure to register the application.
- Once done with that, you are fully prepared to carry out the further procedure.
Solution 2: Run Quick Fix My program
If the first solution does not bring you your desired result then try to run the Quick Fix My Program tool. It is an inbuilt tool of Quickbooks Tool Hub. In order to access it, you have to download the tool hub. In case you don’t know how to do it then just follow these steps below.
- Make sure to shut the Quickbooks desktop.
- Then, try to download the Quickbooks tool hub for further procedures.
- Save the file that you have downloaded in the previous step.
- Just run this file now.
- Moving on, make a further step to accept and agree to the license agreement of Intuit.
- Now, if the tool is installed properly, navigate towards the Finish option.
- Launch the tool hub icon by clicking twice on it.
- From the context shown in the left corner, choose Program Problems.
- Now, just choose the desired tool that appears first in the green tab Quick Fix My Program.
- Hit OK now.
- End the entire process by accessing Quickbooks
- In the last step, just access the data file.
Solution 3: Update the Window OS
If windows are corrupted because of some malicious program then try to update it to the latest version. You can consider these steps to do this process.
- You need to start the process by clicking on the Windows button.
- Move towards the tab named Check for Updates.
- Next, just reinstall the Quickbooks desktop.
- You need to update the Quickbooks desktop too.
Solution 4: Conduct a Clean Installation of Windows
Somehow the error still cannot be resolved then move towards these steps and try to conduct this solution. Here are the steps for your help.
- Firstly, make sure that you have installed the updated windows on your system.
- Then, hit the tab named All Programs.
- Also, move the mouse towards the Windows Update tab.
- You need to now complete the update procedure of your windows.
- After that, just try to do some configuration to the Quickbooks software.
- In this step, make sure that you have restored the entitlementdatastore.ecml file which gets corrupted and damaged.
- Thereafter, try to fix the registration and the license issues.
You May Also Like: Top Ways to Resolve Quickbooks Error H202
Solution 5: Run Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool is counted as one of the best tools offered by Intuit. It can resolve several issues that deny a user access to the company file or any kind of installation issues. If you want to use this tool then conduct these steps given below:
- You need to first download and install the Quickbooks tool hub.
- Launch the tool hub.
- Now, as it is made entirely for fixing the installation issues then you have to click on the same.
- After that, move to the green tab named Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Run the same tool.
- It will run and detect the issues on its own. You don’t have to provide some external efforts.
- However, the scanning process can be longer as per the file size.
- In the last and ending part, just make sure to reboot your system.
Solution 6: Modify the Name of the Entitlement File
Try out this solution, we have provided steps specifically for both Windows XP and Windows 7. So, don’t be worried about the OS installed on your system.
- Move towards the following commands C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv.
- Provide a new name to this file.
- Just open your Quickbooks.
- It will make a new file on its own.
- Once done with the entire process, just follow some more steps given below that will help you in disclosing the program data folder.
- Move towards your system.
- From there, choose the Organize tab.
- Now, you need to click on the folder.
- Thereafter, try to search the option.
- Once done with that, click on Hidden files and folders.
- Just try to access Quickbooks and examine the error issue.
- Firstly, just go to the Start tab.
- Then, choose the Run box.
- You need to type this command to the field “Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlemeny Clientv2.”
- After that, press the OK tab.
- Give the file a new name Entitlementdatastore.ecml file.
Solution 7: Run 3371 Error Fix from QuickBooks Tool Hub.
If the error is not resolved yet then make sure to conduct these steps.
- Initiate the procedure by shutting the Quickbooks application.
- Try to download the Quickbooks tool hub in the upgraded version.
- Save the tool from where you can find it.
- Just access the file that you downloaded.
- You need to follow the on-screen guidelines.
- Once done, move ahead and provide your assurance to the terms and conditions.
- Make sure to access your tool hub.
- From there, select the Installation issues.
- Tap on the 3371 Error fix.
- Hit OK.
- In the end, start Quickbooks and access the data file.
Solution 8: Shut Down all the Applications Running in Your System
- You need to first shut the Quickbooks.
- Also, shut all the running processes associated with Quickbooks.
- Go to the Run window and enter the following command “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\ v8(or v6)”
- Press OK.
- Just try to access the task manager.
- Move your cursor towards the processes tab.
- From there, try to spot all the instances of QBW32.EXE.
- Just select them and thereafter choose End Task.
- Make sure to clear the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Try to access the QB file.
- End the process by doing the registration of applications.
We have provided you a total of 8 solutions for eliminating the Quickbooks error 3371. Jump to the next one till your error gets resolved. Notify us in the comment section if you want any further guidance related to this post and other Quickbooks errors. We will surely come up with the best possible solutions. Also, don’t forget to bookmark the site if you like this post.