Quickbooks error code 80029c4a usually appears when the user tries to open or access the company file. If you have also seen this error then read this full post covering a descriptive knowledge of this error. The error may disturb you today but when you go through the entire post then there will be no hindrances in tackling it in the future. Keeping that in mind, we have come with this post. So make sure to read this full post. Now, let’s get into the post.
Quickbooks Error 80029c4a: Definition of Error
Quickbooks error 80029c4a is one of the common errors of Quickbooks software. It denies users access to the company file. Well, the error occurs with the text that says “Quickbooks error 80029c4a: Error loading type library/ DLL can’t load a dynamic link library (DLL).” Moreover, it indicates that the DLL files become corrupted or damaged. Many experts have called it a runtime error. Well, eradicating it might seem to be difficult but there is no need to worry. Just focus on this post only and learn about symptoms and causes before directly jumping into the troubleshooting.
Major Causes of Error Code 80029c4a Quickbooks 2021
The error comes into your device because of several reasons. Here is the list of all those significant causes and reasons.
- Windows Registry becomes damaged and corrupted.
- Files related to Quickbooks desktop become missed or corrupted.
- The user has not correctly installed the QB application or it is corrupted.
- Some malicious activities are taking shape in your system.
- You can have the error if any program deletes some significant files from Quickbooks.
- If the error comes at the time of starting up or shutting down the system.
- The relevant DLL files get missing or damaged.
- You receive the error at the time of installing the Windows Operating System.
- Some antivirus applications have mistakenly marked files as being corrupted.
Well, these are all the relevant causes of the Quickbooks error code 80029c4a. Now, let’s move ahead and learn what are the symptoms of this error.
Symptoms to Identify this Error in Your System
Here are the symptoms of the error. Just read each of them and acknowledge if you also get these signs again.
- The system freezes due to the error. There is another error that causes the system to freeze this error is known as QuickBooks error 15215.
- A sudden crash of the system.
- Slow or sluggish performance of the system.
- Occurrence of Quickbooks error 80029c4a.
- Keyboard and mouse inputs are not accepted.
So, these are the signs of the Quickbooks error 80029c4a. Now, let’s move ahead and learn the solutions that will help you in tackling the issue.
Troubleshoot Quickbooks Error Code 80029c4a with these Solutions
Here are some of the best troubleshooting solutions for you. You can carry out the steps and resolve the error now.
Solution 1: Reboot the System
Very often, we tend to think that the fixation of the error is as problematic as the error. But, in reality, this is not the case. Restarting your system can prove to be a great solution for this kind of error. As it not only cleans out the issues related to the memory but also saves all the recent changes that are made in your system. With this process, all the programs installed recently get a new start.
Solution 2: Update Antivirus Software
We need to update the antivirus software if it stops any relevant program to conduct its operations. Make sure to find the latest release of your antivirus software and then start the update procedure. Thereafter, try to add exceptions of components and programs. For your help, we have provided a step-by-step guide.
- Once you find the latest release of the antivirus software, try to update it.
- According to your manual, provide component/program exceptions.
- Just open the Quickbooks software in the end.
You May Also Like: Top Easy Solutions to Fix Quickbooks Error 6123
Solution 3: Conduct a Clean Install of Quickbooks Desktop.
You might have come across many suggestions for conducting the re-installation of the Quickbooks software. Although it is not bad advice there is less chance of eradicating the error. So, instead of reinstallation, try to conduct a clean install of the Quickbooks desktop. Here are the guided steps for you.
- First of all, ensure that you have all the relevant information about Quickbooks Product.
- Then, just download the specific installer for the Quickbooks version.
- Get your license number.
- You need to have your product year and version.
- Just uninstall the Quickbooks desktop in this step.
- Go to the Windows start menu.
- Try to spot the Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features or other option named uninstall a program.
- Choose the Quickbooks version.
- Click on Uninstall/Change and after that clear that particular version.
- Hit Next.
- Perform the steps as displayed on your computer screen.
- Thereafter, try to reinstall the Quickbooks desktop.
- You can now carry out your work.
Solution 4: Scan the System
If the error still persists then the cause might be the presence of a malicious program. So, we try to detect it with the scanning process. You can do it from two methods:
- The first method requires you to install the external antivirus software. That will help in detecting and diagnosing malicious programs.
- Secondly, you can try the threat protection for the possible threats.
Solution 5: Configure the Antivirus
Antivirus software is specifically made for detecting and troubleshooting the corrupted files and folders. But, sometimes, it blocks Quickbooks from loading essential files. So, make sure to examine the section that is known as blocked files or quarantine. Make sure to uninstall & reinstall the QB software to access it without any obstruction.
Go through the table below and if there present any of them as quarantined files then just permit them to go through the firewall.
- You can find these files in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year).
- Another location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX.
- It should be recommended to conduct all these changes under the guidance of an IT expert in order to prevent any further issues.
Solution 6: Run Reboot.bat File
- You need to first shut down the Quickbooks desktop.
- Just access the folder which stored this file.
- If you cannot find the file then just go to the Quickbooks desktop and right-click on it, tap on Properties and then tap on Open File Location.
- Perform a right-click on the Reboot.bat file.
- Choose Run as System Administrator in this step.
- It should be noted that the file runs as an admin.
- When you go to the window named folder options settings, you will find not only the reboot.bat but also bat and reboot.
- Make sure to not shut down the window that is displayed manually.
- This window will close when the process becomes finished.
- In the last part, you need to restart the system.
You May Also Like: Quick and Simple Ways to Fix Quickbooks Error 15215 Server Not Responding
Solution 7: Run Windows System File Checker
- To initiate, go to the start menu.
- After that, enter the command in the field.
- Consequently, press and hold the Ctrl + Shift button together.
- Moving on, hit Enter.
- When all these steps are done, hit the Yes button of the permission dialog box.
- Type SFC/Sccannow followed by hitting Enter.
- Wait just for the time till it completes scanning.
- Now, you need to do some more steps as guided online to fix the issue.
Solution 8: Update the Quickbooks Desktop
- The initial step for you to do is to reinstall the software through Clean Install.
- In the next step, try to update Quickbooks to the latest version.
- Move to the File menu.
- Hit Close Company of Logoff.
If there are multiple company files opened in your system then follow these steps given below.
- Choose the File.
- Hit Exit option.
- You have to note that the system should be run as an admin.
- Moreover, ensure that the window named No Company Open appears in the system.
- Move towards the Help menu.
- Tap on the Update Quickbooks from the list.
- You need to tap on Options.
- Click on Mark all.
- Hit the Save.
- Once done, hit Update Now.
- Now, choose Reset Update.
- After that, move your cursor to Get Updates.
- Subsequently, you will see a message signifying the update.
- You need to hit Alt + F4 + Esc keys together to shut down the Quickbooks Desktop.
- Make sure to access the Quickbooks desktop when you receive a notification of installing the update.
- Hit Yes.
- When the update is finished, just restart your system.
Solution 9: Repair Windows
- First of all, shut down the Quickbooks desktop.
- Moving on, hit the Windows button.
- Try to access the Control Panel.
- Once done, choose Uninstall or Change Program.
- Just select Quickbooks.
- Next, tap on the Uninstall/Change program.
- Hit the next tab of the Quickbooks installation window.
- Just choose the Repair radio button.
- Hit Next.
- Move towards the bottom and find the Repair button.
- Hit Finish when the repair becomes completed.
- Once conducted the above procedure, just restart the system.
- Access the QB software to ensure that it will open without any hindrance.
Hopefully, the above solutions have helped you in eliminating the Quickbooks error 80029c4a. These solutions are approved by the experts themselves. So, they will surely provide you great help in eradicating the issue. We wish that you are now operating your accounting software without any further issues and it runs well. However, conduct the operation under an IT expert if you are not confident enough. Also, bookmark the site for future updates and posts that we are going to put down for you.