Quickbooks error code H202 appears at the time of switching to multi-user mode. If it is troubling you then just read this guide containing all the solutions to troubleshoot the issue. Not only the solutions but it will also articulate the causes and symptoms of the error. This is one of the most common errors that needs to be resolved instantly. We recommend you read the full post to get your queries resolved.
You can have the error at the time of using Quickbooks in multi-user mode or when the Quickbooks fails to access a QB file stored on another system. The error indicates that the server is blocked from the multi-user connection. If you want to know more about the error then read further about the error.
Quickbooks Error Code H202: A Quick Glimpse
Quickbooks error H202 generally comes with an error text that says “The company file is on another computer, and Quickbooks needs some help connecting.” With the message, you get the idea that the software needs some help to connect. The error denies the user access to the company file. Moreover, it can block the multi-user connection. Yes, it can be really frustrating to have an issue that stops all of your work. But, you don’t need to be worried as there are 12 solutions waiting for you to be conducted. With the solutions provided below, you can resolve this error instantly. Now, let’s dive into the causes to know how the error occurs.
Factors that lead to Quickbooks Error H202
Well, there can be lots of factors that trigger this error. We have enlisted each of them below.
- When DNS settings are not configured properly.
- QBCFMonitor or QuickBooksDBXX services find it difficult to run the services.
- The communication path between the server and Quickbooks gets blocked.
- If there is a damaged or corrupted .nd file.
- Configuration of the Hosting settings is not set properly.
- There are some issues with Quickbooks Database Server Manager.
- You cannot access the IP address of the server or the host.
- If there are some communication issues between the server and the Quickbooks desktop.
Now, let’s try to know the indications of the error with its signs and symptoms.
Quickbooks H202 Error: Signs & Symptoms
Here are listed the symptoms of Quickbooks error code H202. You will know about how the issue appears in your system.
- When the user becomes unable to access the file located on the computer.
- The error message with the H202 code appears on the screen.
- If the windows computer is running slower.
- The user tries to switch to multiple-user mode but cannot do it properly.
- Also, the software freezes and slows for a few moments.
So, these are all the identification of the Quickbooks error H202. If you want to resolve the issue, move to the next part and learn how you can do it.
Also Read: Quickbooks Error 15106
Troubleshoot the Issue with these Solutions
Now that we have come here in the troubleshooting part, let’s try out the solutions to fix the issues. Before jumping directly and conducting any of these solutions, make sure that you are logged into the software as an administrator.
Solution 1: Use Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
Quickbooks File Doctor Tool can diagnose every error related to installation issues. The experts called it the real doctor of the software that can enhance its working by rectifying many issues and problems. Yet, we are here to provide the solution of H202 error Quickbooks but you can also resolve other associated error codes like H202, H303, and H505.
- The very first step that you need to do is to download and install Quickbooks File Doctor Tool.
- Once the download process is finished, try to launch the tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub. You can do it by choosing the Company File issues.
- Moving on, go to the drop-down menu and search for your company file.
- If there is a situation to browse the file then click on the Browse button and get your file.
- Now, you need to checkmark the box for your file and thereafter hit the Continue button.
- In the last part, you need to provide your Quickbooks admin password followed by hitting the Next button.
You need to note here that if the file size is bigger then the scan would take a much longer time and if it is short then the scan could be done in 5 minutes. When the scanning process becomes complete, you need to access the software and the QB file.
Solution 2: Examine QuickBooks Services
You need to start the multi-user hosting mode if the server is running or operating a full version of Quickbooks. For doing so, you need to move into the steps below and consider each of them:
- You need to open Quickbooks on the server.
- Then, move the mouse cursor towards File to select Utilities.
- After that, choose Host multi-user access.
Now, try to verify the running status of QBCFMonitorService and QuickbooksDBXX on the server with the steps below:
- First of all, try to open the Run window.
- Then, just fill in services.MSc in the box followed by hitting the OK button.
- Once you have done this task move towards the QuickBooksDBXX.
- Just examine the Startup type to see if it is set as Automatic or not.
- Make sure that it is set as Automatic.
- Now, move ahead towards the Service status and run it by tapping.
- Next, navigate to the Recovery tab and choose it.
- From the list of the drop-down menu, you need to opt for Restart the service for first, second, and subsequent failures.
- Hit the Apply and OK next.
- When the QuickBooksDBXX is configured properly then you need to conduct the same procedure with the same steps to configure QBCFMonitorService.
Solution 3: Configuration of System Firewall Settings
As Firewall can lead to blockage to your system so you need to configure some of the settings to remove all the hindrances that lead to blocking of data exchange between Quickbooks and the server. With the steps below, you can easily configure the settings.
- In the first step, you need to create exceptions in system firewall settings.
- Once done with that, try to make some changes to system firewall permissions and also access Quickbooks on every system.
- Moving on, choose Switch to multi-user mode that appeared under the File menu.
Just do these three steps and you are all set to configure the system firewall settings. Thereafter, there will be no hindrances that you face.
Solution 4: Use Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool is another best tool of the Quickbooks Tool Hub. You can easily use the tool to resolve any errors. In the steps below, learn how to download and use the tool.
- First of all, you need to download and install the Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- Thereafter, try to scan the folder which holds the company file.
- Make sure to note down the number of network interfaces and IP addresses.
- If there is an Open ports tab in the firewall status section then you need to enable the same for the software.
- After that, just examine and check the connectivity related to the data file.
- Once done with this, open the QB file and then check if the Quickbooks error code H202 is resolved or not.
Solution 5: Relocate the Company File
Sometimes the folder holding the company file can become corrupted due to some programs and other reasons. So, we try to relocate our company file by conducting these steps.
- The first and foremost step that you need to do is to make a new folder in Drive C: on the system. It will be used in storing the QB file.
- Now, you are required to select the company file and another .TLG file from the previous company file folder.
- After that, you need to copy the file by pressing the Ctrl + C button together.
- Then, go to the folder that you created just now and paste the same file by pressing Ctrl + V.
- Now, just examine if you can access the file in multi-user mode or not.
Solution 6: Add Server in Windows Host File
- To initiate, you require to close all your Quickbooks windows.
- Then, move towards the following commands on the server “C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc or C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers\Etc.”
- Now, you need to double-click on the host file and choose the Notepad option when prompted.
- After that, you need to type in the name of the computer and IP address. After that press the tab key to separate the IP address and computer name.
- Once done with the following steps, make sure to access Quickbooks in multi-user mode.
Solution 7: Quickbooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool can bring back the functionality of your system by detecting the error issue. In order to use this tool, you need to first download it on the hosting system. Then, try out these steps mentioned here.
- Once downloaded properly, just scan the folder where you place your company files.
- Now, you need to see the IP address that will notify you about the running time of the tool i.e. when it is running.
- In the following step, try to configure the firewall ports when the diagnostic tool instructs about it.
- Go with the instructions that are displayed on your computer screen.
- The last thing that you can do is to access QB company files on the system or computer that bring H202 errors.
Solution 8: Modify QBGlobalAppConfig.ini file
- In the first step, try to access the Linux Terminal Window and open the QBGlobalAppConfig.ini.
- Then, you need to examine the default range for ports and clear the spaces appearing before and after the equal sign.
|Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise 17.0||55373 = 5||55373 = 5|
|Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise 18.0||55378 = 5||55378 = 5|
|Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise 19.0||55383 = 5||55383 = 5|
|Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise 20.0||55388 = 5||55388 = 5|
|Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise 21.0||55393 = 5||55393 = 5|
- Once done with that, try to search for the list of ports in Install Linux Database Server Manager.
- Make sure to save the QBGlobalAppConfig.ini file.
- In the last step, you need to just stop and reboot the QBDBMGRN and QBDBFILEMON services.
Solution 9: Set Hosting to Local Files
To conduct this operation, you need to first verify that there will be no other client system with the hosting of the QB file. After that, proceed with these steps.
- To initiate, try to launch the application and also press the F2 key.
- It will open the product information screen.
- Now, you need to move towards the lower-left corner to choose Hosting to Reflect Local files locating under local server information.
Solution 10: Information on Quickbooks Firewall Ports
The user needs to provide the specific ports for the Quickbooks version in the Specific local ports field.
Quickbooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 5672, 55373-55377
Quickbooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
Quickbooks Desktop 2019: You need to run the QB file in Database Server Manager to renew the ports.
Solution 11: Install and Use Quickbooks Database Server Manager
- Firstly, the user needs to access the Windows Start menu on the server.
- Secondly, you need to enter “Database” in the field of the search bar.
- Just choose the Quickbooks Database Server Manager from the list.
- Try to find the folder that is having QB files.
- Make sure to browse the file if you did not get the file.
- Hit the button named Start Scan.
- After that, you need to fix the Firewall setting with QBDBSM.
- When the scan becomes completed, you need to hit the Close button.
- Try to access the software on the workstation that brings the error issue.
- Moving on, you need to move to the File menu and then select Switch to Multi-user mode.
- Use Quickbooks in multi-user mode, if Quickbooks error code h202 is not resolved then move towards the next solution.
Solution 12: Verify Network Connectivity
- You need to first launch the Run window by clicking the Windows + R button.
- Then, just write CMD in the field followed by pressing the OK button.
- From the system, you need to ping your server.
- After that, type ping_server name and press Enter.
- If you are getting errors on other systems as well then perform these above-mentioned steps on every system.
- Now, examine the responses. If you receive slow responses then there might need a repair might be required.
You May Also Like: An Elaborated Guide on Quickbooks Live Bookkeeping (2021)
You can perform any of the solutions provided to you. Just keep in mind to conduct each step carefully. From these solutions, you can easily troubleshoot the Quickbooks error code H202. However, if you want to know more about the issue and resolve any of your queries that we might forget to include then contact the Quickbooks customer care support. The team works best for its customers and you will surely receive all the help and answers from experts and certified professionals.