Because of the advanced features and reasonable pricing, Quickbooks has become popular in the market. But, if you are new to the application, you may have different questions regarding the tool like how can I update Quickbooks or how to update my bank account in Quickbooks. One common question that you can come across while using Quickbooks is “Where is the gear icon in Quickbooks”. In case you always have the same question, keep reading this guide. In this post, we have explained to you what is the gear icon in Quickbooks and Where is the gear icon in Quickbooks desktop.
Know More About Gear Icon in Quickbooks
Many Quickbooks users face difficulties when it comes to the gear icon in Quickbooks. But to know where is the gear icon in Quickbooks, you need to know why you need it. The gear icon represents the menu in Quickbooks and redirects you to the settings menu. Using his menu, you can perform different operations like managing the charts of accounts review transactions or even placing future orders of services or products.
What Comes Under Gear Icon in Quickbooks
So, before we explain to you where is the gear icon in Quickbooks, you need to know what all you can find under the gear icon. Here is a complete list of all the features that you will come across.
The first option comes under the gear icon in the settings option. Under this option, you can choose the option to set up your company information, template, field, or other relevant information that is required to carry out the transactions.
Under the lists option, you can check all the recurring transactions, products, or required services.
With the help of the tools option, you can choose the option to import or export different items. It includes any chart of accounts or any required items.
Now, the next option that you will find is the company option. Under this ab, you will find the option to manage users and the Quickbooks account.
Where Is The Gear Icon In Quickbooks Desktop 2020
“Where is the gear icon in Quickbooks” is one of the common questions that users put up while using the Quickbooks application. In this section of the article, we have answered this question.
The gear icon will be present on the right-hand side of the corporate details. This gear icon is now known as Wheel and can be spotted easily on the interface. Now, the interface of Quickbooks has changed and become more streamlined. You will come across two icons on the screen: plus(+) icon and Gear icon. You will find the gear icon on the right-hand side of the homepage of the application. Under this, you will find the option for settings, tools, company and lists. Also, you may be able to access the features of the Quickbooks application.
Gear Icon DisAppearing Issue
Now, there are times when the user may not find the gear icon. This can happen when there is some change in the features of the Quickbooks gear icon. In case the gear icon is not present in Quickbooks, you need to follow all the steps mentioned below.
- For this, you will first have to start Quickbooks online application in incognito mode.
- You will then have to use different shortcuts to access the incognito mode in your browser.
- After this, you will have to check if you can see the gear icon on the screen.
- In case the gear is still not visible, you will have to clear the cache from the system and browser and then try again.
If you are using Quickbooks online, you will have to hover to the settings option present in the right corner of the screen. Usually, the gear icon disappears when the browser that you are using is not compatible with the Quickbooks version.
Steps to Clear Cache
So, if you do not know where is the gear icon in Quickbooks and you are not able to see it even in the incognito mode, you can clear all the cache. Below we have mentioned all the steps to clear cache from the browser.
- For this, you will have to start a web browser on the system.
- You will then have to click on the option for Browser settings.
- When done, you will have to tap on the option for More.
- When done, under this tab, you will have to click on the option to clear the browsing data,
- After this, you will have to choose the “All” option when it is asked to choose the data.
- Next, tick the checkbox for the data that you wish to delete from your system.
In the end, click on the option to clear data. Now, start Quickbooks online again and check if you can see the gear icon on the screen or not.
Where to Find Settings in Quickbooks
Now, if you wish to change the settings in Quickbooks, you will have to follow the steps mentioned below. Check out all the steps below.
- To start with, you need to know that using the accounts and settings option, you can easily manage all your business activities properly.
- Next, you need to go to the homepage and then tap on the icon for settings.
- Under this, choose the accounts and settings option.
- Now, if you wish to change the settings, you will have to click on the option.
- When done, you will have to click on the option to edit.
- Now, you will have to click on the item that you want to modify.
- When done, you will have to make all the required changes and then click on the done option.
- In the end, check if the changes are made or not.
So, we have come to the end of this article and now we hope that you are aware of where is the gear icon in Quickbooks. Also, we have explained to you how to fix the gear icon disappeared issue. However, if you are still not aware of where is the Gear icon in Quickbooks desktop 2020, you can call the Quickbooks support team and they will help you fix the issue.